It is with great sadness that Scott's grandmother Mary Mant Parks passed away on Saturday, April 3, 2010. Scott wrote a short obituary for the O.C. Register that will run Wednesday April 14th. He wrote the following:
Mary Mant Parks, beloved mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother, passed away peacefully at her home in Corona Del Mar on April 3, 2010, at the age of 93. Mary was born on January 6, 1917 in Pocatello, Idaho. Her family relocated to San Gabriel. In 1935, she married Wally Parks, who soon would become the Founder of the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA). In 1956, she moved to Corona Del Mar, and resided there until her passing. She is survived by two sons, Richard and David, five grandchildren, and four great-grandchildren. Funeral services will be held on Saturday, April 17th, 2010 at 11 am, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 2150 Bonita Canyon Drive, Newport Beach. Scott is going to give the eulogy and has been working very hard to honor her. I have been given the opportunity to dress the body with a few other family members as L.D.S. tradition. I have never done this before but find it to be a great honor to be able to participate. These are just a few photos I found of her.
Mary and her sister Carol.
Mary's 93rd Birthday Bash
Mary battled Parkinsons for the past 30 years and she was quite an amazing woman. I get a huge smile thinking of how she was attached to keeping her lipstick perfect. Some people never leave their house w
ithout make-up. Well, she always had her lipstick handy to reapply. I will miss playing cards with her as she was an avid card player.
Mary battled Parkinsons for the past 30 years and she was quite an amazing woman. I get a huge smile thinking of how she was attached to keeping her lipstick perfect. Some people never leave their house w





0 comments:
Post a Comment