We went to visit the Polynesian Cultural Center, best known by the acronym PCC. This was my favorite experience of our island visit. For more than 40 years, the PCC has been dedicated to preserving the cultural heritage of Polynesia. For more detailed information, refer to the website http://www.polynesia.com/. I know that Scott was really looking forward to the food .... we attended the Ali'i Luau. The food was fabulous and my favorite was the Kalua Pork. It reminded me of our rehearsal dinner luau prior to our wedding.
Of course, one of the villages we visited was Samoa. They had a great show complete with tree climbing for coconuts and starting a fire from rubbing sticks.

During our visit, Scott was designated by the PCC war council as Te'o Tafiti -- The "Samoan Warrior." It was Scott's proudest moment of the trip.

This was the host; he was full of jokes.

This is a small clip of the "fire dancing".... I was nervous for him.
Just a glimpse of the dancing from the night show called Ha: Breath of Life.
During our visit, Scott was designated by the PCC war council as Te'o Tafiti -- The "Samoan Warrior." It was Scott's proudest moment of the trip.
This was the host; he was full of jokes.
This is a small clip of the "fire dancing".... I was nervous for him.
Just a glimpse of the dancing from the night show called Ha: Breath of Life.





1 comments:
I love PCC. haven't been there since I was 12 but I sure remember it.
Post a Comment