The last few weeks have been a little hectic in our household, but I will do my best to catch you up on all of the events with our family. We had two major family celebrations, and I didn't get pictures of either event. Sorry!!! First, we had a baby shower for my sister-in-law, Julie (Richard's wife). She is due at the end of June with their first baby girl, Sadie. I made a potato soup (my first successful attempt at soup). It is so much fun to buy presents and clothes for little girls. The next day, my brother-in-law, Mike (Scott's brother), blessed his son Trevor at church. With Brock being so mobile nowadays, he came down with a cold and he got Scott & I sick for a few days. I felt like a disaster at both events since I was constantly sneezing from my allergies.
The baby is now officially crawling all over the house. It's driving me nuts! I feel like I am always tripping over him. He is everywhere trying to eat cell phones or remote controls or going for appliance cords in the wall. That leads me into picture #1. Scott jokingly calls his playpen the "cage". With Brock wearing stripes, it kind of looks like he's in jail. I hope it's not an omen of things to come :(
Brock "pulls" himself up to stand and holds on for minutes at a time. He does so on his crib, playpen, furniture, and even the dishwasher. Every now and then he gets wobbly, which makes me very nervous.
Last week, I started taking a cake decorating class at the hobby store, Michael's, along with my friend, Crystal. It is a beginner course for four consecutive weeks. I thought I would try to expand my creative side. My ultimate goal is to make Brock his 1st birthday cake next month. Here is a picture of my first cake dedicated to my husband.





6 comments:
Super cute cake! Good for you on expanding your creativity. I am NOT a cake decorator. I should check out the class. Brock is so cute and getting to be so big!
Oh my gosh, he is so cute! Good job on the cake too!
I am so jealous. I totally want to take cake decorating classes since my mom didn't teach me a thing. She started making my kids cakes, then started buying them. Nice huh, I need to learn how to do it myself. Way to go!
Great job on your cake! You are becoming a pro already.
Wow, Brock is mobile...your world is forever changed. I am impressed at your cake decorating skills!
Oh, once they crawl it's all over! He is so, so cute! Your cake came out great!
Post a Comment