We had our first successful camping trip to Carpinteria State Beach. We rented a travel trailer, and it made it so much easier with Brock (10 months). My brother, Richard, and his family all shared a campsite with us. Brock really enjoyed the beach and getting dirty with the help of his cousins, Blake (5) and Logan (3). Brock has his dad's skin tone, as just a hour in the sun and he had darkened up real good. His hair is starting to get curly and is lightening up with a little blonde. I am anxious to see how it will be by the end of summer. The camping turned out great and Scott was a good sport. I know Scott would rather camp at a hotel with ESPN and Internet access. I have such great memories camping with my family while a youngster, and I wanted to share that with my son. My friend, Cheri, lives in nearby Ventura, and her mom was camping there at the same time. Cheri dropped off her two youngest boys, and Blake and Logan were in heaven to have friends to play with. My sister-in-law, Julie, is six weeks away from delivery of her first daughter, Sadie. She was such a trooper and she didn't even complain once. Her two boys kept her BUSY, to put it mildly. The campground was quite empty, but quickly filled to the max by the weekend due to the Memorial Day holiday. We went to meet my brother, Jay, on the way home and went to lunch. I am glad to be HOME to sleep in my own bed and relax from our vacation.
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Camping in Carpinteria
Brock & I and the "fire"
Posted by Stacy at 10:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
It was so fun to see you. My boys loved playing with Richards kids. They still keep talking about it. I think you baby is the most mellow kid I have ever seen. He was so great the whole time. I never heard a peep.
That looks so fun!! I miss beach camping so much. Remember the ward campouts when we were kids?
Your baby looks so happy in all of the pictures. He is such a handsome little guy and he has beautiful coloring!
Looks like you had a great time! A camper looks like the way to go with a little one, we went in a tent when Maddox was a baby...man those were long nights.
Oh I love carp! I want to take my kids their camping someday! Your little Brock is getting so big!!!! What a cutie! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Bye the way I'm back blogging!!!!!! yay!!!
Post a Comment