Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Brock wears PINK

/

Last night, I was kind of in a rush getting ready at the last minute to go watch Scott play softball. We have been playing together for many years in a local city league. Grandma usually comes over to watch Brock while we are away, but we thought we would change it up since Scott's Great Aunt Dorothy is in town from Samoa visiting Scott's parents. To my surprise, I could hear my phone ringing in the backseat of the car as we were returning from the game. As I reached around to grab my purse, I found that I had a missed call from grandpa. As we were about 15 minutes away from the house, I was hoping all was ok. Grandpa Richard informed me that there was only one diaper included in Brock's bag and that Brock had used it up earlier in the evening and that they had him in a "makeshift diaper" -- a pillow case secured with clear packing tape! Talk about a MacGuiver moment!! It was quite the sight! Before we arrived, however, we stopped at Ralphs grocery store next t0 their house and puchased some diapers to leave at grandma's for future back up. I wish I would've had my camera with me, for what we found was a hilarious sight -- and I'm not just talking about the diaper. First, when grandma opened the door he was wearing pink floral pj's and he was smiling from ear to ear. My little boy in drag. Brock had a blowout which precipitated the emergency diaper and, hence, the pink floral dress. Scott made a remark that, a hundred years ago, parents used to dress up their young boys in feminine clothing for photos. Brock apparently liked the pajamas, hopefully because it was comfortable. HOPEFULLY!


7 comments:

Jackie said...

OH, he looks so pretty! Ha! Ha! That was a funny story!

Cheri' said...

Love the picture. I have a few of my boys in Lexie's dress ups. They are always beaming, it's kind of funny. Like they know they shouldn't wear it but who cares they are only young once. Dave hates it though.

Aimee said...

that is so cute!!! He looks like a little girl! That is so funny about the make shift diaper!!!!

Michelle said...

It figures Scott has to somehow justify the outfit with a history lesson! I want to see the make-shift diaper! That's hilarious! Brock has proved he looks adorable in anything you dress him in!

Unknown said...

He looks cute. Now you know what your daughter would look like

waltersgang6 said...

That is sooooooooooo funny! He looks pretty content in the picture Stacy! lol

Watch Me Grow said...

Ryleah would send him a few of her outfits, but they would be to small!! Small and pink, not so fine!!! Mom's can never overpack.