Today was the one year anniversary of my father's passing. I thought about him all day long and how proud he would've been to see me have my first baby 2 months ago. How I wish that he was there to share in the joy Brock is to our family. He loved all of his grandchildren. I was blessed to have him be a witness to my temple marriage to my best friend. After many years of regrets and error ( I had to do everything my way which ended up the hard way), he was so glad that I was so happy with a great husband like Scott. I miss being able to talk with him or see him when I go to mom's house. It was always a honor to call him my Dad...even in his grumpy moments.
WILLING WORKER....my dad was hard-working, from his job of 25 plus years, to yard work, to working on cars he gave it his all
INDEPENDENT....my dad taught me to be self-reliant from changing a car tire to getting a job and earning my own money
LOUD...my dad had a booming voice especially if he was mad. I learned to obey just by the tone he set
LONG SUFFERING...my dad had patience till the end from the stresses from his children, to my mom's numerous unfinished piles of clutter he hated
IMPORTANT...my dad supported me and showed up to all my soccer games endlessly rooting for me LOUDLY from the sidelines.
ACTIVE...my dad was always active in church and led us by example
AVOCADOS...had to do 2 A's my DAD loved to eat Avocados
MOTIVATED...my dad encouraged me to be better person
Friday, September 26, 2008
I LOVE U DAD
Posted by Stacy at 12:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
This was such a sweet remeberance of your dad. I'll miss your dad. He was always so nice and had such a big smile and always said, "Hi Kim Armes"!!!
So sorry about your dad's passing. That was a great tribute to him. I'm sure he is so proud of you! You have a beautiful family!
We all miss your Dad. Your Dad would be so proud of you.
Hey Stacy!
What a sweet tribute to your dad. I just found your blog and it was so fun to catch up. I'm so glad everything is going so well for you. Your baby is adorable and I have to say it isn't fair that you looked so great after just giving birth!!! You look so good!! Congratulations!
Melissa
Post a Comment