The Labor was much worse than I would've ever imagined. My labor started at 2:00 a.m. and in my mind I thought labor pains would start small and work themselves stronger. By 2:45 I told Scott we needed to go to the hospital. I would say the contractions were a 8 on a pain scale of 10. When the nurse checked me into a room at 3:00 she said I was dilated to a 5. I was very excited when I heard that now I could get my Epidural. Wrong. In the chaos of trying to start my IV lines ( took 6 tries) my body had started "shaking" and did not stop till 30 minutes after delivery. My stat blood levels showed that I was severely anemic and needed blood transfusions and that I also had severe low blood sugar count of 30. My blood pressure had jumped to 166/110 ( I'm usually 112/72). Well the blood samples they re-ran 3 times and they were wrong my they had been infiltrated by the saline of the IV. When the doctor finally cleared me for the pain meds I was dilated to a 10 by 5 a.m. He decided it was best to lets "push" and get baby out safely. I know that my behavior was straight out of a movie scene. I screamed at Scott and screamed in general out of having little pain tolerance. It really only took about 30 minutes to push my little guy out and the sense of relief was pretty euphoric. The after care was WONDERFUL & the nurses were just great to me. It has been such a blessing having this baby and would do it all again...I would've taken Xanax before I left though.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Our new bundle of JOY has finally arrived!
Posted by Stacy at 4:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Brock is so beautiful! He has the cutest little face. And HELLO you look amazing after giving birth! You are beaming! I love it! I can see your eyes are glowing with happiness! Congratulations to both of you and your family! Keep the pictures coming but get some rest first!
Congrats Stac. Baby Brock is so beautiful. I can't believe what a horrible labor experience you had. I am so sorry. You basically had your baby o naturall! You look amazing. I am so happy for you!
I can't believe you had such an awful ordel. I can imagine. I finally got drugs when I was having Lexie but I was already at a ten and I thought I was going to die I was in so much pain. It does get better though. Congratts!
Yeah, I finally get to see what Brock looks like. He is so cute....and youooked awesome after just going through labor. I cannot wait to see you and Brock. You are going to be a great Mommie!
Congratulations!!! Stephen and I are so excited for you and Scott. Little Brock is just the sweetest baby. Thanks for letting us hang out so much with your little family :) We had a blast!!! Love ya guys!! You are my hero, by the way, I am so impressed how well you came through the whole process.
What a cutie! Congratulations Stacy and sorry about the labor! Wow! You did it natural!
Wow, what a cute baby boy. I can't believe you didn't get drugs! Your a better woman than me. I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet Brock.
Yes, you have a very beautiful baby boy. Congratulations, I'm certain you will both be wonderful parents.
Lee
Post a Comment