Saturday, April 18, 2009

Resort Camping in Oxnard

We planned an overnight trip with the Lineberrys to the Mandalay Beach in Oxnard, in lieu of going on our camping trip to Carpinteria State Beach. I was still a little apprehensive about camping with the cold nights. We stayed at the Embassy Suites Mandalay Beach & Resort. Upon our arrival Scott somehow got us upgraded from 2 rooms to the Presidential Suite. The suite had 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. It was bigger than our apartment. I am not sure how he did it he said the clerk just gave it to him for no additional cost. I decided not to ask to many questions and just enjoy it. Each room was equipped with big flat screen TV's.
This was the view from one of the two patios overlooking the ocean


We did a little hike at the Carpinteria Bluffs. Steve researched and found a little hot dog vendor and they enjoyed the famous Dodger Dog. We then headed to Foster Freeze for ice cream. We scouted the camp grounds for good camp sites for future use.




We took Brock into the pool for the first time. I thought that he would love it because he loves his bath and kicking around. Here he is sitting on the first step of the heated pool.



Crystal & I had so much fun playing with Brock while daddy took pictures. I was jealous Steve was lounging in the sun with not a care in the world. Their baby girl is due in September. They soon get to join the sleepy/tired club. After the pool Brock took the longest nap. I think we wore him out. We had a great little get-a-way. The weather was beautiful. Happy Birthday Crystal!!

5 comments:

a-jodi-hall-a-day said...

Wow! so fun. What a gorgeous view. yum for fosters freeze. its so funny we are giving the kids our carp memories.

Kristen said...

Your hotel sounded heavenly! Score on the upgraded room!!!
Brock is so cute and getting so big!

Melissa said...

What a nice get-away. How come that never happens to me. I always end up with a stinky noisy room, not an upgrade. Are you going private? I havn't been on your blog for a while because I've had computer problems and then the other day when I tried it said you were private, but I tried again today and it let me through? I'm not sure why.
By the way your baby is adorable!

Cheri' said...

Looks like a fun time. I agree with hotels when the kids are still little, sand just ends up everywhere for weeks.

California-Lineberry said...

That was the best couple of days...aside from the traffic we always seemed to get caught in :) Thanks for hooking a birthday girl up, Scott!!! We love you and look forward to our next adventure :) Oh yeah and the pic of Brock on the scale is priceless!!!