Sunday, August 15, 2010

Headstones

Scott's Great-Aunt Olga Mant passed away earlier this month.  We had the opportunity to attend her funeral at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Whittier.  My mom graciously watched the baby for us.  My mom recently purchased my grandfather's headstone.  It was a long time in coming.  I am not quite sure why it took so long.  I would assume it was a money issue that turned into a forgotten one.  Since we do not make our way out to Whittier too often, I went to see his grave also.

Scott's beloved Grandmother Mary, who passed away in April, has her new headstone, which reads "she was the best."  She was buried at Pacific View Memorial Park in Newport Beach, CA.  She would be happy with the ocean view.
My grandfather finally has a headstone after 17 years and, yes, he loved baseball.  He is buried side by side with my grandmother, who died before I was born.  They are buried at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Whittier, CA.

0 comments: