Saturday, June 26, 2010

Beach Camping with Cousins

We went camping with the cousins and friends at Carpinteria State Beach for the past week.  I am not the greatest camper and it's not so easy with a small toddler who you fear will touch the fire pit, walk in street, or venture off on the beach.  I rented a travel trailer from a local guy (fireman) who delivered the trailer right to our campsite and set everything up.  I found him off of Craiglist at the last minute last year.  He lives local so I am sure it is a good little side business he has going.  We shared a beachfront campsite with my brother Richards family.

Here is a picture of our campsite
I forget how dirty camping can be but at least we had a tub in the trailer to wash the babies.
Brock eating yogurt.


Sadie lady sitting in her high chair.  She turns 1 on the 4th of July (Richards only girl)
Brock told me "I poo poo" and took off his diaper.  Actual truth be told there was no poo to be found he just wanted to run around naked in the campsite and play with his cousin Logan.

Scott would be truly offended if I did not make mention of his new tent he got at Sams Club called the "Instant Tent" by Coleman.  The poles are already connected to the tent so you literally just extend the poles and pop the tent is up in a minute or two.  I had to laugh that the box showed two women putting up the tent so it must be EASY and advertised easy to put up in the dark.  He loved his 6-8 man tent and slept and read most of the vacation.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

We had so much fun! Glad we were all able to go for a family vacation together. I love watching the cousins play together. I wasn't there for Brocks nakedness, but that is funny.