
For the past three nights, I have been trying to break Brock of his nighttime feedings. I know it's bad for his teeth, but part of me really knows I am being selfish. I just want my SLEEP . I read in my "toddler" book that if you opt to not go cold turkey, then try to replace his milk with water and pretty soon he will not want it all together. First, I cut down from 8oz of milk to 4 oz of water. I had to laugh quietly to myself; though it was dark, I could see him take a few sips then pull the bottle out of his mouth to look at it, only to put it right back in and guzzle the whole thing down. The past two nights he only drank about 2 oz, then he rolled over right to sleep. He does wake up 3 times a night to do this. I am hoping that pretty soon it will not be even worth it to wake up at all. I know he is not really hungry, as it's just a habit he is used to. In a few days, I am going to switch the bottle for his sippy cup of water, as he usually does not prefer the sippy cup while laying down. On another note, we took him to see the dentist for the first time. The dentist confirmed that he has 8 teeth on top and 8 teeth on the bottom, so there are a few more molars left to come in. He cried the whole time while she inspected his mouth, but quickly cheered up when she gave him a sticker and a toy car to take home. I don't know what he was so fearful of. Last week, he got round two of his flu shot and I swear he did not flinch or cry and acted as if nothing happened. I know he does not get that from me, as I am the scaredy-cat of the family. He amazes me daily and I am loving the long hugs he recently started giving me.





4 comments:
When I decided that I wanted my sleep, we started taking away the binki from Lexie. She would wake up in the night just for me to put it back into her mouth. So we cut the tip off and she did the same thing! She pulled it out, looked at it then put it back in her mouth. They are pretty funny with the things they do. One of my kids we let cry it out once we were sick of always waking up. The first night was the worst, a little over an hour, then 20 min the next night then down to 10 and 5 and the 1 or 2 for a few days. It was hard that first few days but sooooo worth the sleep in the end when they finally figured out how to fall back asleep on their own. Good luck!
I let my kids cry it out too. It was the only way we got back to sleeping through the night. I took their bottle away cold turkey and they cried the most the first night. It is soooo worth it in the end. You'll be glad you did it! Good luck!
Wow! I don't take Duke to the dentist until this summer. You are better than me.
LOL that made me laugh that he took a sip and then looked at it in the dark. I can picture my own boys totally doing that. I love that age! There is no foolin' them.
Post a Comment