Yesterday I attended our annual HB Relief Society Women's Conference. My stake goes all out on their activities. It was from 8-12 which included breakfast and lunch with a fashion show to end it. This years theme was "Reasons to Rejoice" based on Alma 26, which we were all encouraged to read before attending the classes. A quick summary is through Ammon's mission he teaches us that his feelings of depression and hopelessness were met with comfort from the Lord and the courage to go on. I thought this was a great topic and could apply this to my life. The first class I attended was "Finding Joy in Motherhood". I loved when she said " The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." She was a amazing speaker with 4 of her own children who were adopted and all of them "special needs". I felt really grateful at that moment how lucky I am to have a healthy baby. It ended on a note that "Mothers must fight against today's threats to their families with vision and strength." Another class I attended was "Fill Each Day With Rejoicing". I really appreciated this class she reinforced to me that I decide how to use my time each day and week. To establish my priorities and then executing my day around them. And most important for me was feeling successful even though I still have unfinished business to take care of in my home. Overall I left feeling inspired to be a mommy again.
Today as I DVR'd through the Oscar Awards there were two particular quotes that stood out to me among all the fabulous dresses, which is usually the most fun part for me to watch. Mo'Nique as she accepted her award I loved when she said "...Sometimes you forgo what is popular in order do what is right". I have not seen this movie but from from the clips it made me want to. The second quote came from Sandra Bullock "...Thank you to the moms who take care of the babies and the children no matter where they come from". I think that could apply to step-children, adoption, fostering, mentoring, etc. I thought it was very touching. Now this is my blog so it comes from my point of view and though I fully enjoyed her movie The Blindside I did not think her performance was award winning but the message of the movie was a WINNIER! I did LOVE her dress. I wish that my own mother could have attended this with me but she had prior commitmants. I want my mom to know how amazing she is to our family and to thank her pubicly for always "taking care of her own children"...no matter how good/bad we were.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
HB Annual Womens Conference & Oscars
Posted by Stacy at 9:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
well said! thanks for the uplift. Sounds like your women's conference was awesome!
Post a Comment