Saturday, July 18, 2009

O.C. Fair Trifecta

I usually look forward to my lazy days of summer but this week we have been quite busy. Scott got my mom & I tickets to see the Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach. We sat in the wheelchair section which is 8 rows from the front and it was such a great evening. It was a little chilly, so I ended up renting a blanket. Grandma Epi got her card filled this week with all the many times we asked her to watch Brock. Thursday, we headed over to the O.C. Fair to see Joan Jett and The Blackhearts. This old school punk rock girl could still put on a rocking show. On Friday, we went back for round two at the Fair to walk around a bit and to attend the Tears For Fears concert. Oh, how all of the alternative music reminded me of high school! Some of the strange food we tried at this year's fair included chocolate covered bacon and a chicken sandwich. Not just any chicken sandwich, but two Krispy Kreme jelly-filled donuts with a grilled piece of chicken in the middle -- sort of like a monte cristo sandwich. I know it may sound gross to most, but the bite I took tasted surprisingly good. Today, we ended the trifecta fair experience by taking Brock with us. Scott & Steve watched the Lucha Libre Wrestling (my neighbor Martin was the MC of the event), while Crystal and I walked around with Brock. I took Brock on his first pony ride and he simply loved it. I couldn't resist buying the photo below. We enjoyed looking at all the animals and watching the the Peking Acrobats. Brock, as anticipated, fell asleep, and we soon left for home.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Cute! Cute! He is growing so fast! You are having a fun summer!

Aimee said...

Joan Jet and tears for fears? Sounds like fun!

California-Lineberry said...

What a great time at the fair we all had! It was such a blast to see Brock taking his first pony ride and then sharing my rice crispy treat with him :) You are totally right about Tears for Fears...felt like I was 15 again! Gotta get you the pic I took of Brock...priceless!