Sunday, November 30, 2008

Celine Dion Concert

This is funny story to share:

In November 2007, my mom called wanting me to go on-line and get tickets to Celine Dion. She saw her on Oprah promoting her new tour since leaving Las Vegas. I even joined her fan club to buy tickets on pre-sale. I called my mom and told her I got 2 tickets 11th row from the stage. Her excitement, still makes me laugh when I think of her screaming over the phone. The concert was for November 29th only a few weeks away. A few days before the event, she realizes the tickets are for November 2008, not 2007. We had to wait a whole year to see her preform. The wait was worth it. Celine has an amazing voice. She sang over 20 songs and she is so tiny. She must weigh 95 lbs. Since my mom needs a hip replacement we used a wheel chair. With her special needs they took us to the ground level by elevator and through the back stage area. I felt very VIP for a few minutes. A big thanks to Scott who was generous to watch the baby so we could enjoy our night out.

Mom & I

It was fun to enjoy the concert so close.
My moms favorite song from the movie Titantic, My Heart will go on.


4 comments:

Kimmy said...

omg! I love Celine! I'd say you were close!!! WOW!!! I'm so jealous. What a fun night for you and your mom to share together! Your mom looks great!

Jackie said...

That's awesome! Your mom looks great! Tell your mom I said hi!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had fun together. Your seats look great.

Dave and Jen said...

Oh, that is so funny...I remember you telling me this last year. I cannot believe it has been a year. I am so far behind on viewing people's blogs and updating my own. I need to update the Jessop Thanksgiving in UT. Work has been hectic.....I am being naughty and not working...your is the first blog that I checked out. :) Miss you girlie. Dave and I will be in CA for Christmas.