Monday, December 13, 2010

Nonosina Dance Recital

We went to see Tiare, Scott's relative dance with her Polynesian dance group.  The name of her dance troop is called Nonosina.  They are based here locally in Anaheim, California.  They were amazing group of dancers ranging from 4 years old and up.  I was surprised at the various different cultures of dancers in addition to the Polynesian islands that were represented.  It was such a fun and beautiful show to go and watch.
Even though I did not know any of the tiny dancers, I just couldn't resist.  They were so cute!

Tiare center stage in the FINALE her SOLO performance of Taualuga
Most people will agree that the most gorgeous dance to come out of the Samoan culture would be the Taualuga, a graceful solo traditionally performed by a Taupou, or daughter of a high chief. The purpose of this dance is to flatter or celebrate this high chief on various occasions, or to serve as the showpiece finale at the end of a set of dances performed by an entertaining group.


Tiare "shaking" those hips. She is only 12 years old.


0 comments: