Saturday, November 28, 2009

Many blessings to be Thankful for

Every year it seems harder and harder to get everyone together for the holidays but we are grateful for all those who take the time to prepare for the festivities. This year we started a little early at Grandma Mimi's for dinner. A day early to be exact. Barbara prepared a delicious turkey in a roaster. I was so impressed. Will who is pictured in the yellow shirt is a cousin (in Samoan culture they are all cousins) who joined us. He has been living with Richard and Epi while he is working construction on the Ortega Highway. He originates from the Bakersfield area and he has been a welcome joy to the Parks household. Thanksgiving day I forgot my camera well actually Brock took it out of my purse and put it under the couch so I have no photos to share. We drove out to my brother Bill's house in Rancho Cucamonga and spent the day with my side of the family and my brothers extended family and lots of food and love to go around. With so many kids present they made a cute little Turkey from construction paper and the feathers were made out of the kids hand and foot prints. It turned out so cute. Scott and I are anxious to be leaving on vacation to our time share we have in Hawaii for 11 days. Grandma Epi will do the baby sitting of Brock and my mom will help out for a day or two. Poor Epi I know will be wiped out by the time of our return. Scott & I are celebrating our 3rd year anniversary on
December 1st. Brock playing with his cousin Trevor. It's hard to believe Trevor is going to be one years old in January. This year has really gone by so fast.

Brock playing with Daddy

Brock eating his first Thanksgiving food. Last year he was still on a milk only diet. I love this picture of Brock....

0 comments: