Sunday, February 1, 2009

We've reached 6 months...

Mom brought my teddy bear for me to hold while I was waiting to be examined by Dr. Joe. Be careful, I still can't sit all by myself yet.
No more digital infant scales for me. I'm a big boy now!!!


Last week we took Brock for his 6 month check up. He weighed in at 23 lbs and measured at 30 inches tall. He still continues to be off the percentile range. At my mother-in-laws request she wanted me to ask the doctor why he is growing so big.... I pretty much know the answer and my 6 foot 4 husband is why. I reminded her while looking at Scott's baby book at 6 months he was 25 lbs and 30 inches long...so he's growing just like his daddy. I hate to watch them give Brock the immunization shots, but I do not want him sick either. Anyone have a opinion on giving your six month old the "flu shot"? My doctor wants to inject Brock with one shot now and one shot one month later and then yearly from that point on. Just a curious first time mom...




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy - It was good to see you guys last weekend! Brock is cute as ever! Jenny keeps talking about him. I bet it'll be fun for her when he starts moving around.

My girls get the flu shot every year and for the first year they got it, they had to do it in 2 doses, too. They were 18 months old the first year. This year's flu season is almost over and Brock doesn't go to daycare, so I would think it's probably safe to skip it this year(?) [Disclaimer: I would hate it though if you skipped it and Brock did get the flu! I am not a doctor!] ;)

Jackie said...

He looks very strong and healthy! I hate taking my kids for their shots too. It is so sad but necessary. I think the flu shot is a good idea. It seems a little late for a flu shot for him this year but I guess doctor knows best!

Puanani said...

Stacy, Brock is SO adorable! He is just a growing Samoan boy!! No doubt about that :).

Our girls also got the double doses of the flu shot their first time around, and just get one yearly now. They usually get them in November or near their birthdays though. Hopefully Brock's missed the most of the flu season, and won't need one!

Luckily, we haven't had any bouts of fever after the shots - I've heard that happens sometimes. We do give the girls some Tylenol before they get them though.

Lots of hugs & kisses for baby Brock from Seattle :)!!

Kimmy said...

Brock is getting so cute! I never gave my girls flu shots as infants. I don't think it was even an issue back then. If your doctor is suggesting it then I would consider it. My girls have only been getting the flu shot for about 4 years now. After the big battle with the needle I found out if I make my appointment earlier next year they can get the flu mist up the nose! Hooray! I guess the mist goes quickly! I had my girls get the flu shot in Dec. and they were late getting it. But at least I know they had it! I would absolutely get Brock one next year! YOU TOO STACY! He is growing so fast and he is so cute! Don't worry my girls were always off the charts too!

Cheri' said...

Remember getting the shot at Ricks! Well now I never do. I don't give it to my kids either. One time I did and they got the fly anyway. Liam threw up for the first time yesterday but he was fine a few hour later. As far as the flu, we haven't had it in our house for a good 2 or 3 years knock on wood! I just think they get so many shots anyway.

Aimee said...

Cheri, shame on you. lol. Stac, from a nurse point of view, I do believe infants should get a flu shot because they can get dehydrated so easily and so quickly. Yes they hurt but we do a lot of things in life that hurt don't we? (waxing eyebrows?) ;) Anyway, since your the mom, the choice is up to you! Your lucky he doesn't have siblings bringing all kinds of germs into your house! Let me tell you how much fun that is!

Dave and Jen said...

Stacy, Brock is so cute; I am soooo glad that Dave was spontaneous last weekend and that we got to hang out and I got to hold Brock! :) You guys are the best and have helped us through some tough times...WE LOVE YOU!!!!